|Project Type||Electrical Construction and Renovation, VDC/BIM|
Description of Project:
Construction began in July 2017 and was completed in April 2019. The renovation included the following:
- The addition of a 16-story tower with 325 new guest rooms and suites, an entrance lobby, retail space, a lounge area for guests use, as well as the back of the house and mechanical areas. The total enclosed area is in excess of 280,000 sf with over 10,000 sf of exterior terraces.
- A new Conference Center Expansion consisting of grand ballrooms, pre-function areas and circulation/gallery spaces located at ground level, meeting rooms & 1 boardroom with wide circulation corridors connecting the rooms located at the second level and supporting back of the house and engineering spaces on the north and west sides at both levels. A 3 lane arrival court loops thru the main entrance Porte Cochere on the south. The total enclosed area is in excess of 142,000 sf and over 12,000 sf of exterior terraces, porte-cochere, and covered loggias.
- A new Water Park venue consisting of: A new one-story 3,100 sf Amenity Entry Building containing retail administrative offices, recreation room, guest lockers and toilet facilities; A new two-story 4,000 sf Pool Amenity Building containing bar, seating area and storage facilities; A new one-story 1,400 sf Pool Amenity Building containing a first-aid office and restroom facility; Interior remodeling of existing Laguna Grill and Restroom Building converting into a new Ice Cream Shop; New Water Slide tower with 7 slides including two drop capsules, Master Blaster, and Boomarango rides, three pools, Children’s Aquatic Playground, 1/8 mile lazy river, the worlds first 3 lane Flowrider and luxury cabanas.
- Addition of one level to Existing Parking Garage along with the retrofit of Fire Alarm system.
- New Maintenance and Pump House Buildings with new services to existing facilities.
- Interior Renovation of existing 128-Guestroom Building 2nd thru 7th Level.
- New Main entrance landscape lighting and Porte Cochere
- Complete renovation of main Lobby and Pro shop including a retrofit of existing Fire Alarm and new lighting controls. Addition of new guest bar and lounge as well as new VIP guest services
All electrical work – Division 16 and fire alarm system
- Temporary electrical requirements
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Complete Addressable Fire Alarm Systems
- Installation of Lighting Systems including Lutron lighting control systems, interior lighting fixtures, and Parking lot lighting poles, lighting bollards, landscape lighting, etc.
- Lightning Protection System
- BDA Systems
- Low voltage logic controller for water feature equipment.
- Complete raceway provisions for Telecommunications and Security Systems, including specialty boxes, floor boxes, cable trays, and all required conduit pathways.
- Coordination and integration of all electrical systems with the Building Management System.