|Project Type||Electrical Construction, VDC/BIM|
|Location||Port of Miami, Florida|
Description of Project:
The 166,000-square-foot facility design comes from Miami-based design firm Bermello Ajamil & Partners, and the estimated cost of the terminal is $263 million. The terminal features three giant arcing see-through domes that the company touts as a “pearl” on the Miami horizon. The new terminal can accommodate ships with up to 7,000 passengers, feature indoor and outdoor waiting areas, faster embarkation and disembarkation technology, expedited security screening and valet area, and lounge The terminal has its own parking garage and, most significantly, a transparent structure to allows visitors to get great views of downtown Miami. The cruise line will bring in a guaranteed 1.3 million passengers annually, generate approximately $24 million in gross revenues, and create 155 new full-time jobs. The project is constructed to LEED Silver standards, focusing on innovation in design and terminal operation to create a platform that will optimize energy performance, indoor air quality, water efficiencies, and maximize the use of local materials and resources.
Turnkey electrical work – Division 16
- VDC/BIM Project
- BIM coordination for the electrical systems inclusive of the Terminal, Parking, Garage, and Warehouse
- Temporary power primary FPL transformer with associated equipment, meters, conduits, concrete, etc., for a complete installation.
- Secondary temporary service
- Complete power and service distribution and branching of the electrical system
- All work required to operate the permanent HVAC system and elevators for temporary service
- Site lighting including poles, luminaries, circuitry, foundations, excavation, backfill, compaction and grounding, and control panels
- FPL, Communication, and security duct banks including all manholes/vaults and structures, raceway, inner duct, forms, concrete fill, excavation/backfill, dewatering, grounding, a tie-in to existing structures, etc.
- Access control system
- Fire-alarm and security system
- Lighting fixtures, specialty lighting, interior building lighting