|Project Type||Electrical, Sports Lighting and Fire Alarm|
|Location||Boca Raton, Florida, FL|
|General Contractor||James A. Cummings, Inc.|
Description of Project
- Electrical, Sports Lighting and Fire Alarm for Division I Football Stadium
- 30,000 Seat Stadium
- 145’ High Tower
- 16,000 sq.ft. Covered Outdoor Lounge Priority Deck
- 10,000 sq.ft. Premier Club Level with Dual Bar Areas
- 10,000 sq. ft. Suite Level One Containing the
- President’s Suite and 8 Individual Suites
- 10,000 sq. ft. Suite Level Two containing 12 Individual Suites
- 10,000 sq.ft. Press Box Level
- 32,000 sq.ft. Space Located Under the Stadium Seats on the West Side of the Complex Includes
- Field Level Offices, Locker Rooms, Main Mechanical
- and Electrical Rooms as Well as the Focal Point of the Area, the 4,220 sq.ft. Recruiting Lounge
- Biggest challenge was the schedule. Taking a large, complex electrical project from groundbreaking to opening kickoff (October 15, 2011) in less than one year.
- The project was bid with 66% design documents and final engineering as well as a substantial VE package (presented by the team) was all worked out as construction started.
- Level of detail- On this project the MEP&F trades coordinated all ceiling work and risers.
- Hypower provided the 3D model for all of the electrical devices and equipment in these ceilings which included light fixtures, motion sensors, fire alarm devices, cable tray, speakers, and conduit over 2″.
- Hypower also provided the model for all switchgear along with riser conduit.
FAU Turns On New Stadium Lights
Florida Atlantic University