|Project Type||Design Build Multi-Carrier Fiber Optic Communication Systems and PTC Communications|
|Location||Phase I -Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach County, Florida- 67 miles | Completed: April 2016|
Phase II – West Palm Beach, FL to Orlando, FL- 130 miles | Expected Completion: January 2023
Description of Project and Scope:
Hypower designed and installed 197 miles of communications infrastructure to accommodate 7 long-distance carriers and the new Positive Train Control fiber for FEC and Brightline’s new high-speed Train.
Brightline is a privately funded high-speed railroad currently being built between Orlando and Miami within the Florida east coast right-of-way. Hypower served as the prime design-build engineer of record and contractor for the lessee long haul fiber optic networks and railroad positive train control communication systems.
- Large Navigable Water Crossing Bores
- Large Plow and Trench Installation
- Millions of Fiber Optic Butt Splices and Terminations
- Millions of Fiber Optic OTDR and Power Meter Tests
- Survey and As-Built Production to within a tenth of an inch of accuracy
- Positive Train Control Communication Network Installation