Norwegian Cruise Line’s new state-of-the-art terminal is recognized as the first LEED Gold New Construction v4.0 cruise ship terminal in the world.
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA, February 2, 2022 – The U.S. Green Building Council granted NCLH the honorary recognition as the first LEED Gold New Construction v4.0 cruise ship terminal in Florida, the United States, and the world for its sustainable, environmentally conscious construction. Hypower is proud to have been on this award-winning construction team!
This is one of the many awards Norwegian Cruise Line has won. In 2021 Hypower’s complete electrical systems and related work on the prestigious Norwegian Cruise Line – Terminal B has won the ENR Southeast 2021 Best Project Award in the Airport/Transit category. The 546,757-square-foot and $232 million modern flagship terminal unites function and form and is an iconic, state-of-the-art landmark on the Miami skyline.
- VDC/BIM was used for all design and trade coordination. Frequent measurement with robots, laser scanning, and regular data assimilation into the model kept competing tolerances in balance and informed construction work in real-time.
- Temporary power primary FPL transformer with associated equipment, meters, conduits, concrete, etc. for a complete installation.
- Secondary temporary service
- Complete power and service distribution and branching of the electrical system
- All work required to operate the permanent HVAC system and elevators for temporary service
- Site lighting including poles, luminaries, circuitry, foundations, excavation, backfill, compaction and grounding, and control panels
- FPL, Communication, and security ductbanks including all manholes/vaults and structures, raceway, inner duct, forms, concrete fill, excavation/backfill, dewatering, grounding, tie-in to existing structures, etc.
- Access control system
- Fire-alarm and security system
- Lighting fixtures, specialty lighting, interior building lighting
Hypower is a general contractor specializing in commercial and industrial electric, electrical service, and utility contracting. The company works with some of the leading general contractors, utilities, developers, and institutions in the United States. Hypower operates through several divisions specializing in heavy civil electrical infrastructure, electrical building construction, outside plant power and communications projects, airfield lighting, and ground-mount and floating solar farms nationwide. The company also specializes in 24/7 commercial and industrial electrical service and repair in Florida. Founded in 1991 and headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Hypower employs more than 400 people and has successfully completed over 1,000 projects valued at over $1.2 billion. Licensed to operate in more than 30 states, Hypower consistently ranks at the top of national leaderboards for its exemplary safety and innovation record within the construction market. Hypower consistently emphasizes safety from an employee, job site, and public perspective. Widely recognized for its industry excellence, Hypower is currently ranked as a top 20 Electrical Contractor in the nation by Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC). Hypower has been honored with ABC STEP Platinum Awards for Safety Training every year since 2013. Hypower was selected as a 2017 Business of The Year and a 2020 Best Place to Work by the South Florida Business Journal. In addition, the company has won over 20 Excellence in Construction Eagle Awards presented by ABC, Florida East Coast Chapter, and has been named an Accredited Quality Contractor since 2017. Hypower has also won the prestigious Specialty Contractor Project of the Year award in 2018 and 2020. Hypower's CEO, Bernard Paul-Hus, was honored with the 2020 South Florida Ultimate CEO Award by the South Florida Business Journal.
For more information, visit https://www.hypowerinc.com and follow Hypower on LinkedIn and Twitter.
5913 NW 31st Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309