FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA, March 13, 2018 –
Hypower’s VDC team will greet the new year in a brand new office space. The new offices are an extension of the current Hypower headquarters. Hypower thanks Lebolo Construction and Miller Glass and Glazing for their commitment and hard work on this project.
VDC, Drones, IoT and more are trending technologies that are currently and will continue to impact the construction industry in 2018 and beyond. From design to project completion and at every milestone in a project’s life-cycle, VDC provides vital information that enables our clients to make informed choices. The initial setup, logistics, visualization, quality control and delivery process become more efficient and improve our customers’ experience throughout the life of the project. Using VDC creates a comprehensive work plan, where every trade, structural and architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing, is in sync and works as one, cohesive unit. VDC also promotes better safety practices; as well informed workers make fewer trips, are more productive, and are able to focus on installation. VDC also allows our customers and their construction team to see the impact of proposed design changes before any materials or financial resources are committed. In short, VDC helps create more accurate construction documents and more importantly, saves money.
Hypower’s wealth of experience using VDC has enabled the company to deliver higher quality projects at the same competitive price for our customers.
Benefits of using VDC:
Benefits for the Owner:
- Enables over 4% savings in construction cost on average
- Better coordination and communication
- The project team does not spend time on non-value adding activities on the project such as dealing with Request for Information or Change Orders due to field conflicts in the MEP systems
- There are close to zero change orders related to field conflicts on this project – typical construction change orders are about 10% of construction costs
- Upon completion, the owner also has a pretty accurate as-built model to provide to the facility management. Information is a lot easier to find compared to traditional 2D drawings which normally get sent to the owner at the end of the project.
VDC increases design costs but saves more in construction:
- More re-design in earlier phases due to digitally found clashes and design optimization between disciplines
- Less waiting on site and less re-design during construction
- Clearly positive ROI
Since 2009, Hypower has completed over 20 VDC projects with a total value of over $130 million.
Take a walk into the newly constructed Generator Room via Hypower’s Immersive 3D VR Platform:
Hypower, based in Fort Lauderdale Florida, is a top ten Electrical and Utility Contracting Company servicing the State’s leading General Contractors, Utilities, Developers, and Institutions. Hypower operates through several divisions that specialize in Electrical Building Construction, outside plant power and communications projects, prime electrical infrastructure, airfield lighting and ground-mount solar nationwide. Hypower also specializes in 24/7 commercial and industrial electrical service and repair in South Florida. Founded in 1991, Hypower has successfully completed over 1,000 projects valued at over $1 Billion and consistently ranks at the top of their class nationwide for exemplary safety record (ABC 2017 Platinum STEP Award recipient), attention to employee and public safety and job site accountability. In May 2017, Hypower was named Business of The Year by the South Florida Business Journal. Hypower is a family-owned company which currently employs over 400 people. For more information visit https://www.hypowerinc.com.
To learn more about Hypower’s Virtual Design and Construction/ BIM capabilities, go to our VDC page.
5913 NW 31st Ave
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309